Macro photos, take 1 - flowers and bees

I recently bought a Canon 100mm f2.8L macro lens and have been dying to try it out. The following are a few of the ones I took in Yuye's garden - can you believe there's no other flowers? I was so excited the day I got the lens that I ran outside to find bugs and flowers but, there were none! I couldn't even find ants! I had to settle for this flower (which really belongs to the next door neighbours) and a few days later, I found bees near one of his trees. Let me know what you all think and maybe give me some pointers. :)




These bees photos were really cropped because I found the lens was still too far away, if I tried to get any closer, they'd get scared and leave. I think I'll need to buy an extension tube if I want to continue along this line of photography. For flowers I think the current 100mm lens is enough though.





So, do any of you have links to your own macro photos or know of any good photos you wouldn't mind sharing? Send me a link because I'm a very eager learner right now. :) Give me suggestions as well, that would help heaps!


Did you enjoy this post? If so, why not share it with your friends?

Share |

4 comments:

  1. I would love to get into doing macro photography. I have a lens but I don't quite know how to start! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Not Quite Nigella, macro photography was surprisingly easy. I just point and shoot! As long as it's in focus, it turned out ok. :D Although this is only my opnion, I haven't really gotten feedback from anyone else yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEES THE BEES

    macro photography i think easy to get into but there's a long long road ahead to reach those one-of-a-kind shots that make it into national geographic or whatever

    that said, i like the bee photos, although they're a bit dark on the underside, maybe just the time of day or whatever

    the pattern on the first one reminds me of those caterpillar chocolate buns from breadtop ... mmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Batasan, how can you think of bread when you're looking at a bee?! XD Either way, thanks for your comments. These are just my first attempts so hopefully I'd get a bit better.

    The bee photos were taken at almost dusk so the lighting wasn't too great, next time I'll try when there's more light. :)

    ReplyDelete